Sunday, March 18, 2012

Footloose and Kid-Free


My husband and I are planning our first kid-free trip ... it's pretty exciting. And it's time.

We first wanted to do New York (but the 5 hour flight freaked me out).
Then New Orleans (but the connections were crappy).

We settled on Napa, because I love wine, and we BOTH love to eat. We adore Northern California and wish we could find a way to live there. Alas, that ain't gonna happen. But Napa just never gets old. There's always a new restaurant, a new bakery, and dozens of amazing wines we just have to taste. It's totally irresistible. My favorite place in the U.S., I think.

Do you think he would notice if I took us to Bachelor Ben's winery? I'd like to say I'd be totally embarrassed, but I wouldn't. Truth. I think I might play dumb and be all, "oh, hey! It's Ben Flajnik's winery!...this is just....huh. Wild."

It's not going to work.

And I bet the wine really, really sucks.




2 comments:

  1. We are trying to plan a friends trip for the fall and Napa is high on our list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, thanks for commenting on my new blog! I didn't realize you had a new one too!! So glad I know now. How is mommy hood? We have a 6 mth old girl now, and it's so fun!!

    ReplyDelete